When you need non-emergency pruning or removal of a tree with the potential to affect your power.
Requesting tree trimming from Unitil is easy. Here’s how:
- Mark the tree that needs pruning or removal—tie a ribbon, or whatever’s handy.
- Call Customer Service at 1-888-301-7700 to give a brief description of the problem. Leave a preferred phone number for additional questions.
- Forestry personnel will review the request and determine the threat level. At that time, the work may be completed, require further review, or may not fall under our maintenance program. If no work is to be done, you will be notified in person or via door hanger.
- We will contact you in person or by phone if we have additional questions. Please respond promptly. If our work requires consent, we’ll always ask first - written or verbal consent.
- Generally, you don’t have to be present while we work, but if you are, please keep a safe distance from crews while they are working.
Have you come across a fallen or hazardous tree?
And it is affecting nearby electric equipment?
More Homeowner Help
Proactive pruning for more reliable service
Unitil’s Forestry division is headed by arborists and tree enthusiasts, who you might see on your street performing scheduled pruning work to increase our system’s reliability. We also offer tips for energy-saving landscaping in your own backyard.